Thomason Tractor Company is hiring for the following Positions;
Please submit all resumes to email@example.com or apply within.
Current opening for a Field Technician. Candidates must possess:
- General Computer Skills
- Required extensive diagnosing and repair experience with all aspects of John Deere
- Required skills in Electrical, Hydraulics, and engine/powertrain systems
- Required minimum 5 years experience as a service technician in Ag or heavy equipment industry
- Required clean driving level
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Preferred experience operating a field truck
Job Duties include:
- Diagnose malfunctions on all types of John Deere Equipment
- Repair or rebuild all components on the powertrain, hydraulics, and electrical systems
- properly fill out work orders, documenting the work performed
- Prepare accurate estimates for customers
- Developing relationship with customers
- Communication with customers on all work preformed
- Professional and positive attitude
- Willing to work overtime
- Maintain a clean and organized truck
Candidates must be well organized and able to multi-task, have a friendly personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidate will be interacting with customers and co-workers. Bilingual a plus.
This is a full time position with full benefits.
Build knowledge of dealer supported product lines, preferably John Deere service standards and procedures and keeps abreast of all changes in various models sold and serviced by Thomason Tractor Company.
Know how to:
- Perform basic field repair and maintenance jobs with minimal supervision.
- Basic testing knowledge of all machine systems, mechanical hydraulic and electrical
- Repair and recondition all equipment components and systems.
- Develops and employs diagnostic related reasoning skills
- Assists in the collection of data necessary for efficient inventory control
- Attends local, regional or national service schools and training sessions requested.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe working environment in shop or at customer’s job site.
- Maintains and cares for shop tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Completes all paperwork required for jobs.
- Maintains close, positive working relationships with service, parts and administrative personnel.
- Conducts himself/herself in the presence of customers in a manner which will retain a good opinion of Thomason Tractor Company and the service department.
- Performs as directed by service department.
- Must be willing to travel as there may be occasional, overnight field service work.
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Previous experience preferred, but not required in heavy equipment industry
- Must have good communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Minimum welding/fabrication experience a plus.
- Ability to push, lift, pull or carry 50 lbs. or more
- Requires valid driver’s license and ability to maintain an insurable driving record.